Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Extremely high rpms, jerking when accelerating, and the

Customer Question
check engine light is on. JA...
extremely high rpms, jerking when accelerating, and the check engine light is on.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2008 dodge avenger
JA: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: someone replace a "solenoid" that did not work. someone told me it was in "imp mode" but was charging 2k to fix it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the car has 170,000 miles and thats it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
10/30/2016
Dodge Mechanic: xsvector, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic

have you scanned for codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was a 0700 code.

thats telling there is codes in the tranny module..did they retrieve those codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. I was just told that 0700 code. That the car is in limp mode. That it's an electrical problem not a transmission problem. And it'll cost 2,000 to fix.

po 700 i a code telling there are codes in the transmission module....it means nothing...the tranny codes need to be retrieved...did a dodge dealer perform the diagnosis?

we need to access the tcm codes to find out why its in limp mode

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
oohhh no. it was not a dodge dealership, just a local mechanic.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you recommend that i take it into a dodge dealership?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the check engine light is on too, i'm not sure if this helps.

Yes because we need the codes to diagnose...either a tranny shop or a dodge dealer...

xsvector
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic