-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Our DEF warning comes on saying 150 miles to 5mph see

Customer Question

Hi - our DEF warning comes on saying 150 miles to 5mph see dealer. It's a 2015 cummins 6.7 2500
JA: What year is your 2500?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It did this before and the dealer did a software update...about 3 months ago. Now the warning is back
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I'm an ASE Master as well as Cummins certified technician and I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Are you wanting to repair it yourself or just looking as to what could be wrong? Is your DEF full and if yes then what codes are setting in the DCU and ECM? Also being it's a 2015 the Cummins warranty is 5yr/100,000 miles, are you still under warranty? If yes then I would just call roadside assistance..

Let me know,

Brad

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We want to know why this warning keeps popping up and what to do to avoid it. The Def is full. I'm not sure about the codes. Are we doing something wrong that is causing this to happen
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This already happened to us about 3 months ago and the dealer did a software update and it went away until today. It's back
Expert:  -Brad- replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!

I would be glad to help you but in order for me to know what is going on I will need for you to give the codes in the modules and to do this you will need a scantool.. It could be hundreds of different issues and I have no idea what is even going on unless I know what codes are setting then I can tell you exactly what is going on and what caused it..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 11 months ago.

What are your plans? Standing by......

Expert:  -Brad- replied 11 months ago.

Do you need more help?