Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My instrument cluster isn't operating correctly I would like

Customer Question

My instrument cluster isn't operating correctly I would like to known what's going on with it?
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 1999 caravan
JA: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I pulled out the dash and replaced the panel with another vehicle from the junkyard and I replaced it and it functioned perfectly but then as i replaced the starter and started to change some other things my panel went haywire
JA: Has the starter ever been changed before?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1-check for loose grounds you got moved around

2-unless the used cluster went bad again

3-check the electrical connector on cluster for backed out pins making poor connection

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat