Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2003 dodge caravan installed new tcm cause transmisson would

Customer Question

2003 dodge caravan installed new tcm cause transmisson would not shift out of second or reverse these are the only two gears i have I replaced the
JA: Have you checked the level of your transmission fluid? Is it bright red, or is it dirty?
Customer: just changed fluid and filter and took valve body out and cleaned it trying to get it tp shift
JA: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes the tcm and the changed fluid and filter bout all i no to do
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 12 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Before replacing the TCM, was it scanned for codes? If so, please post ALL codes retrieved here and I'll do my best to help....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert