Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have had the same problem that many have had with the

Customer Question
Blend door actuator/knocking sound. Replaced...
I have had the same problem that many have had with the Blend door actuator/knocking sound. Replaced it and it broke within three weeks. Took it out and the plastic piece that controls the door was broken. Put another on one and watched what it was doing. It will change fine but it looks like it's trying to turn past the stoppers that are keeping it in place. Roughly at the 2 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions. It knocks against the top one like it wants to go past. Do I need to calibrate the part somehow or take it in to the dealer to have them do it. Or is it the blend door inside. It will switch from hot or cold until it knock on the top
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
10/23/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 1 year ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Yes, it is best to take it to the dealer. There is a routine in the factory scanner "HVAC Door Calibration" that will run all doors to their max travel and calibrate the positions in the HVAC controller for the hard stops.

This will make the A/C control learn the stops and help to save the actuators from breaking. Keep in mind that it IS normal for the actuators to try to go past the stop positions slightly. The way the HVAC Control learns the stops is by the current draw on the actuator motors. When the HVAC Control sees the increased current draw it turns off the actuator motor...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Awesome I'll take it in and let you know

Sounds good...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master