Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Radiator leak on Dodge Deisel 2008. We just brought the

Customer Question
Radiator leak on Dodge Deisel...
Radiator leak on Dodge Deisel 2008
JA: How old are the hoses? And just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?
Customer: no, We just brought the truck Last week, It has the 6.70 Engine Don't know how old hose is, Can't find where the leak is
JA: What is the model of your '08 Dodge?
Customer: Ram 2500 Lone Star with cummins diesel 6.7
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to, We have been looking for any kind leakage, we had thought about heater core, But we have also found water in the diesel thank about the same time, but how would water get into the gas tank from the raditor?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
10/22/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, first, it is pretty common to get water in diesel fuel at gas stations, which is why the fuel filter housing has an water separator.

Second, do you see any coolant on the ground after driving it, or is it just using coolant and having to add to it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have not seen any coolant on ground or in the engine compartment. coolant lose works out to be about 2 gallons per 100 miles with no engine over heating.
coolant over flow tank will empty and radiator coolant will be about 8 in. down from filler cap. have tried running radiator cap loose, no change

HI,

Ok, there are 2 common issues with this engine on coolant loss, the egr cooler and the head gaskets. Both are internal leaks.

A Block test needs to be done to test for combustion gases in the coolant. If positive for combustion gases, it is the headgaskets and if not, it is the egr cooler.

Most of the time it is the EGR cooler on this engine.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager