Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

It wont start, 14 new starter this 3 months ago...tried new

Customer Question

it wont start
JA: What is the voltage at the battery?
Customer: 14 new starter this 3 months ago...tried new ignition switch...nothing
JA: What is the model of your '14 Dodge?
Customer: its a 2007 ram 2500 with the 6.7
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new ignition switch and jumping it with another truck im getting nothing when I turn the key all instruments, radio, ac work....getting nothing when turn the key to start...no click no nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should be it
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing when trying to start the engine?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Have you tried the reset procedure?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no security just door locks with a key fobhave not checked codes
what is reset
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

This could be caused by a few different things. One of which is a locked up module. Try disconnecting both battery cables from the battery and rubbing them together for about 5 minutes. This will discharge the capacitors inside the modules on board the vehicle and may "unlock" them allowing the vehicle to start. Try that and let me know!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
both cables on both batteries
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Yes Sir

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok...give me a few minutes
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

No problem. Take your time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That did not work
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Ok, then its likley a bad SKIM module or integrated power distribution module that has gone bad preventing the engine from starting. I would recommend to check for codes in both modules and replace either as needed. Keep in mind, they will need to be programmed after installation at your local Dodge dealership.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon.

I see you have viewed my last reply but have not responded back. I am just checking in to see if you have any further questions or to see if you still need help with anything? If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help. If I have answered all of your questions, please dont forget to honor the good faith rating system to complete this conversation.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The electrical connection rim the computer on top of the starter was loose
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

YUP! That will do it! Glad to hear it is up and running!!