Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Went out to go grocery shopping and my 2002 Dodge Caravan

Customer Question
Hi Joshua, Went out to go...
Hi Joshua,
Went out to go grocery shopping and my 2002 Dodge Caravan started acting totally wacky.
All of a sudden it started slowing down then bucking then would not shift correctly. Then the idle increased and the car was cruising at 30mph without any gas applied and at the light you had to step on the brake hard to keep it from taking off. I drove it right home because I did not know if it was going to stall.I got home and these are the codes I got:P1684
P0134
P0106
P1478
P0135
P1496Also the other night when I went to put on the left blinker the right blinker was going on and then the left blinker would not work - I googled and it looks like a "Clock spring" problem.
The problem eventually stopped occuring and went away for now.Dont know if I bought a lemon here and these problems are scaring the heck out of me - dont know if past owner unloaded his problem car on me.
Car has 95,000 miles on it and thought it had a lot of life left in it.Thanks for your advice.
Andrew
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
10/20/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can speak to you around 1pm - let me know if you are available at that time.
Thanks,
Andrew

First off I need to know if you plan to do the diagnostics and repairs yourself. I have all the diag steps for each of these codes I can share with you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try to do the diagnostics my self.
I believe it is the ECM unit or some wire shorting out somewhere after searching around the Internet

Okay lets start with the diag for each of those codes. Look over the links below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/1684.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/0134.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/0106.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/1478.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/0135.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/1496.pdf

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician