Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Heater core or blend door only have heat on passenger side,

heater core or blend door...
heater core or blend door only have heat on passenger side
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no leaks this has been in the shop 3 times for this since 2007
JA: What is the model of your '07 Dodge?
Customer: it is an 03 dodge ran 4.7L
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to I was starting to remove dash today
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
10/19/2016
Joshua Haynes

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you

Does your truck have "dual-zone" climate control...where you can control the temperature on either side of the truck?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

Gotcha, thanks. And what was done the three times you took it into the shop for this problem?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
heater core 1 time and then blend door

Ok. And did I read correctly that the coolant level is correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yas level is good

And what is the condition?

These trucks have a really, really common problem with heater cores partially clogging, causing the exact problem you are describing. The coolant enters the heater core from the passenger side and exits the same way. If the heater core is clogged partially, it can cause the heater core to get hot on the passenger half and not on the driver's half. I would suggest flushing the system thoroughly with a water hose before you remove the dash.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try that in the morning thank you

You are very welcome! Good luck and please take a moment to rate my service tonight using the star system above this message board

Did you have any other questions for me?

I noticed that you have not rated my question as of yet...if this is because you still have further questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask. If you are not satisfied with my service, please let me know so I can fix it. If you are satisfied, please take a moment to rate my answer using the stars above this message board. Thank you so much!

Joshua Haynes

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you still require assistance with your problem...Please don't hesitate to ask if you do!

**if you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment and leave a positive rating so that I can be graded! Thank you so much!

Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes