-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 14 ram, when I'm accelerating to about 85 it wants

Customer Question

I have a 14 ram, when I'm accelerating to about 85 it wants to start fishtailing.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

When you say it's fishtailing you mean the rearend is moving side to side? Is it a stock truck, do you have stock tires? Are you towing anything? When did this start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't tell if it's the front or back. I lowered it a year ago, stock tires, not towing anything, it started a couple months ago
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good morning...

How much did you lower it and did you get an allignment afterwards? Are any of your tires wearing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lowered the front 2 in, back 4 in. Tires are starting to wear, they have 42000 miles on them
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you need an allignment which will cure your fishtailing issues.. I suspect the front tires are causing your issues and once you get an allignment it will solve your tire wear and give you more control of your vehicle..