tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owned repair shop for 25yrs
14541291

I have two codes one is p0700 and other is p0123. not sure

Customer Question

I have two codes one is p0700 and other is p0123. not sure what to do,
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: yes tried to reset and car running rough. codes are P0123 and P0700
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2007 dodge charger 2.7 engine
JA: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and nothing yet just don't want to start buying thing and its not the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did take off pedal and try to lean pedal position senor and spray out throttle body.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  david craig replied 1 year ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. allow me a moment to get that information for you. thanks

first thing to do is to check the voltage at the tps. it should read around .45vdc closed. and around 5.0vdc when fully opened

P0700 DODGE - Transaxle Control System Malfunction

The transaxle Control Module (TCM) monitors the malfunction of sensors and actuators relating to transaxle control. When the TCM detects a malfunction with the control, a signal is send to the Engine Control Module (ECM) to trigger the Engine Light or Service Engine Soon light. The ECM stores the P0700 code and it means the TCM detected a malfunction with the transaxle controls.

you will need to have the tcm interrogated with a tcm capable scan tool to pull the fault codes from it.

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need assistance, If so I can help answer your questions.

Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

sense you get the p0123 code,you may want to try cleaning the throttle body first,sometimes the throttle body can get dirty with black soot and cause this problem...you are getting the 700 code because the computer is picking up a problem that may be caused by the p0123 code..

i will give you some tests/checks for these codes that will help you find the exact problem

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9o6e2yuw6s18yf/1017-charger-P0123.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/t9o6e2yuw6s18yf/1017-charger-P0123.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help