Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Park lights and tail lights will not come on. Checked fuse

Customer Question

Park lights and tail lights will not come on. Checked fuse and it looks good. What else can I check? 1998 Dodge 2500 diesel. Thanks!
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: Which connection? Where is it?
JA: Are you fixing your B2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just checked the fuse . all tai and park lights not working.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- check the Turn signal comb switch , i sent you the wiring diagram it suoplies power to rear tail lights

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Combination Switch

Turn Signal & Hazard Switch

Part #(###) ###-####$139.00

Contact Dealer for most current part and price information

2- check the head light switch

i sent you diagram for it also & r &r .

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. 2. Remove the cluster bezel from the instrument panel. See Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators/Instrument Panel/Cluster Bezel Replacement for the procedures.

3. Remove the three screws that secure the headlamp switch bezel to the instrument panel. 4. Pull the headlamp switch and bezel out from the instrument panel far enough to access the wire harness connectors. 5. Unplug the two wire harness connectors from the headlamp switch. 6. Pull the headlamp switch control knob out to the On position stop. 7. Depress the headlamp switch knob and shaft release button on the top of the switch. 8. while holding the release button depressed, pull the knob and shaft out of the headlamp switch. 9. Remove the two push nut retainers that secure the headlamp switch bezel to the switch mounting bracket. 10. Remove the headlamp switch bezel from the switch mounting bracket. 11. Remove the spanner nut that secures the headlamp switch mounting bracket to the switch. 12. Remove the headlamp switch mounting bracket from the switch. 13. Reverse the removal procedures to install. Tighten the headlamp switch and bezel mounting screws to 2.2 N.m (20 in. lbs.).

G100 Left License Lamp Left Tail/stop/Turn Signal Lamp Right License Lamp Right Tail/Stop/Turn Signal Lamp Turn Signal/Hazard Switch S313 S314 S317

Please let me know if that works for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

also check the wiring at the rear taillights ,for any water intrusion or shorted out wires ?

REMOVAL 1. Release tailgate latch and open tailgate.

2. Remove screws holding tail lamp to cargo box. 3. Grasp lamp, firmly pull lamp rearward to disengage retaining studs. 4. Remove socket from tail lamp. 5. Separate tail lamp from cargo box. 6. Separate tail lamp from vehicle. INSTALLATION 1. Install socket in tail lamp. 2. Position tail lamp in cargo box, engage retaining studs and install screws. 3. Close tailgate.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician