Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 manual. I just replaced the

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 manual. I just replaced the resister (pieces broke causing issues with the blower motor to squeek) and took apart the HVAC fan and cooling tube and cleaned it out as well. The fan now works on all speeds but the vent selector switch will not push the air to the correct place (A/C comes out defroster and heat comes out A/C vents). Is this a bad solenoid behind the selector switch?
https://www.nextmd.com/m/Communication/CommunicationList
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This is not a solenoid. The mode and defrost doors on your truck are vacuum operated. The problem may be a vacuum leak at a line going to the HVAC control head or from the head to the vacuum door actuators on the HVAC housing, or the control panel itself. Did you have this issue before the blower motor problem was fixed?

Chris