-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I own a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab. Purchased 12 2016 it

Customer Question

I own a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab. Purchased 12 2016 it now has 14500 miles. at around 600 the rear right tail light went out. The Dealer replaced it. Around 8900 miles the vechile would sputter and engin would cut out at high speed. Dealer attempted to repair. Problem continued at least 4 more times. Vehice was toed to Manhattan Dodge and the Mechanic said that he could diagnose the problem nut mentioned it seemed to be a problem with the braking system. The problem continued approximate;y i was experiencing
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: and i returned the vechile to the dealer and proceeded to file a Lemon Law complaint.
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: After keeping the vechile for 2 weeks the dealer informed me that the problem was fixed and it was the braking system. Chrysler has offered me a cash settlement for sall of the trouble. The truck was running without any problems until yesterday. Now having P0572 code failure. I looked it up on google and articles say that it could be a short circut in the brake harness. I am returning to the dealer today. Any Suggestions ?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 9 months ago.

The code you have is for the brake light switch stuck. It's likely a bad brake light switch but you will need to follow the diagnostics I attached to determine the issue..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 9 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 9 months ago.

Your question is over 7 days old, if you need more help feel free to reply so we can continue if your all set I would appreciate a positive rating..