Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Idk my son drives it! 1999 5.2L V8, It seems to be burning

Customer Question
idk my son drives it! JA...
idk my son drives it!
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 1999 5.2L V8
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It seems to be burning oil....according to him. He also says that the Oil Pressure guage is not working. I haven't checked it out because he's never home.
JA: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?
Customer: Original....i think, unless there has been a recall on it. Yes the light has come on. Also does start right away. Need to crank it twice every time. or hold it for a long time
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: those are the only things I know of.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
10/7/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 1 year ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

So your issues are that the oil light comes on and it's burning oil? Is the check engine light on? I have a test that I will need for you to be at the vehicle to perform.. When can you get him to bring you the truck? Also is the check engine light on and if yes what codes are setting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Probably not until tomorrow
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If i can get the truck tomorrow I will call you tomorrow morning.

Ok sounds good.. Try to answer all my questions so I get a good idea on what is going on and how we need to go about getting it fixed...

Talk soon,

Brad

Jerry, Master Mechanic