-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I just had my engine rebuilt on my Dodge 2010 1500 4.7lt ..

Customer Question

I just had my engine rebuilt on my Dodge 2010 1500 4.7lt .. it is running rough and it is now giving the P0303 code. they said that the plugs were replaced when the engine was rebuilt. where should I start? Swap coils change wires?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I would perform a compression check with #3 and #1 beside it to compare and make sure the base engine is fine. Then swap the coil to #1 and see if the misfire moves, then swap injectors...

Let me know what you find,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay let me check.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need anymore assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 coil was missing the boot on it. I Replaced it and all is good. Now how should I handle the shop that rebuilt the engine. Should I get something in writing to extend my warranty or is this something that would harm the engine at all?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Glad you found it and it will not harm the engine now that you got it fixed, but if you were to keep driving it with a misfire you could have caused more damage..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Mike do you need more help? I'm not credited for helping until I receive a positive rating..

Thanks,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Driving it this morning seems to be idling low sitting at a stoplight it's kind a chugging like it it's idling too low
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Is the check engine light still on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No engine light is off
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

The IAC which is the Idle Air Control may not have had enough time to relearn since the engine install.. SInce there is no codes there should be any issues other than the PCM needs to relearn the idle. I would drive it at highway speeds and allow it to coast which is when the PCM learns the idle and see how it runs...

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to send you another question and it said i was timed out or something like that..... My truck is still running rough and I put it on the highway and disconnected the battery hopping that the computer will reset. no luck. It idles rough and at 4500 to 5000 rpms. it acts like its going to stall out at a stop sign. Thank you for your help
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Mike..

So did that take care of the P0303? I still haven't received a positive rating for this question.. What codes are setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes. Idles rough I took out all the coils inspected and removed the spark plugs in number three and one they look fine not sure where to go from here
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

If you go drive it 10 miles does it run the same and are any codes setting then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes. Running better do you think it could be the spark plug wires and coil boots? I just replaced the boot in #2 because it was cracked. All the rest look fine but don't sit as tight as the new ones do