Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2013 Dodge Dart with just over 75,000 miles on it.

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Dodge Dart with just over 75,000 miles on it. My blower motor was working intermittently until I realized I had the original cabin air filter in it. I replace the filter yesterday and I'm thinking that the intermittent failure of the blower motor could have caused the problem with it because it's still being intermittent even after changing the cabin air filter please help.
JA: When was the last time the filter was replaced? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: I replace the cabin filter yesterday
JA: Are you fixing your Dart yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm a Honda mechanic I tried testing the blower motor it seems fine but it but a ASE Master Mechanic friend of mine told me that it might be an intermittent short and I'm not saying any shorts in the wiring everything that I've tested checks out so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes my master switch on the driver side door I think might be at fault because both driver and passenger side side view mirrors are in operational in all directionsso I got a price for another master switch but I can't return it because it's an electronic part so I need some advice on this issue as well and then of course there's the radio that goes completely white and then the screen disappears as well as all sound then it returns to normal as if nothing happened this car is causing me problems and I need help with it please can you help me.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you out. The most common cause of an intermittent blower motor is the brushes in the motor itself. They can get worn out and fail causing this issue. The other thing that it may be is the connector at the blower motor. The terminals in the connector can get overheated at times and make a poor connection. So first inspect the connector at the blower motor. If you see discoloration or corrosion, replace the connector. If it looks ok, then replace the blower motor.

I see that you have requested a phone call. Do you still need me to call?

Chris