Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Rough idle vacuum gauge say timing off replced almost ever

Customer Question
thing JA: Is the rough idle...
rough idle vacuum gauge say timing off replced almost ever thing
JA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?
Customer: always sometimes less and more
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2001 dakota 3.9 100000 miles
JA: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes complete tune up and idle selenoid cleaned out to
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
9/17/2016
Dodge Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 1 year ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the trouble codes?

does it run well out on the road,is the problem only at an idle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no codes past emissions only at idle in drive

ok,,

and you have only cleaned the iac?

does it do this hot and cold?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cleaned and replaced iac cleaned throttle body
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
both
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
both hot cold

does the idle go up and down?or does it just run rough?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just idles rough

do you smell raw fuel when it does this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no it doesn,t

and the engine light never comes on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no it doesn,t just noticeable

ok..i will give you my thoughts here...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well i,m thinking i just have to live with until it gets worse thanks anyway

1-the first thing to do is to check for a vacuum leak,check all hoses for damage

2-check around the intake manifold for a vacuum leak,the intake gaskets may be bad.

3-the bushing in the distributer may be worn causing the distributer to have play

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i,ll check those items if it gets worse not really bad yet just annoying thanks for your imput

i would think it isnt too bad at the moment or the engine light would come on.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0h47klgc1c1or3/0917-dakota-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/b0h47klgc1c1or3/0917-dakota-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

tims auto repair
tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic