Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

It runs rough at highway speeds, 2008 Ram 1500, It just

Customer Question
It runs rough at highway...
It runs rough at highway speeds
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2008 Ram 1500
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just started today. I am doing the repairs myself. The check engine light did come on
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It stays on solid
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
9/10/2016
Dodge Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. first thing we need to do is have the computer scanned for fault codes to see what is turning on the check engine light. until i know that, i can tell you a million things that could cause the issue. thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Took it to Auto Zone and they came up with P0301, P0300, P0201. Their diagnostic computer said I need a new cylinder head. Went to O'Rielly's and they came up with the same codes and sold me a an of sea foam. It seems to be running better but not great.

ok thanks, ***** ***** a moment to look up some information on p0201.

what size engine is in that thing?

whoever told you you need a cylinder head is nuts. replace the #1 fuel injector. done deal.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4.7 liter 126K miles

you have a bad #1 injector causing all of those codes.

just checking in to see how things are going

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I changed the injector, the spark plugs and the coil pack. It still misfires on #1 cylinder and idles rough. It smooths out at speed, but will shutter at times on the highway.

ok is it still p0201 and p0301?

Jerry, Master Mechanic