Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a dodge 2004 neon race car, i cant get injector pulse

Customer Question
hi, I have a dodge...
hi, I have a dodge 2004 neon race car, i cant get injector pulse from the ecu, I verified power to ecu (blue/wte, yellow, red/wh and 2 grn/or wires), grnds, two from black connector 1, sensor grnd white and orange connectors, ecu chassis ground and engine/chassis grounds, cam and crank signals. What else would stop the pulse from the ECU? ASD is gone and its direct wired to the ecu, 12 volts for injectors, fuel pump, fans and starter. Things I do not have hooked up and are taken off are the NVLD, evap purge, clutch interlock, brake switch, a/c, power steering, battery temp sensor, all cruise control, brake fluid level sense and cluster is taken off.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
9/10/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 1 year ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Since the cluster is missing, do you have a way to scan the PCM? If so, do you have a list of all codes that are stored? How do you start it? does it have a factory key? If so, is it a chipped key? If unsure, what color is this key? Black or grey? Do you have access to the VIN number so I can research if this was originally equipped with an Immobilizer system. If it was, this would explain your concern....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have the data connector wired in, but only codes come up are for the fuel and rad fans. there where codes for evap, NVLD and cluster, so i did wire all back in and codes went away. I start it with a push button switch, and there is a immobilizer, but its not connected. Is there a way to jumper it? How does the PCM receive signal from the immobolizer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
or do you know if any neons that dont have the immobolizer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry i do have spark, car runs with gas down the intake

You stated: " I start it with a push button switch, and there is a immobilizer, but its not connected. Is there a way to jumper it?"

No there is no way to jumper the Immobilizer, if it is not hooked up then this is why it won't start.

You stated: " How does the PCM receive signal from the immobolizer?"

The Immobilizer sends a signal to the PCM over the Bus Communication network (PCI Bus).

You stated: "or do you know if any neons that dont have the immobolizer?"

Yes, there are Neons that are not equipped with the Immobilizer System.

You stated: "and sorry i do have spark, car runs with gas down the intake"

Good that eliminates a lot. From everything you describe, the fuel system is disabled due to the immobilizer. Immobilizer does not disable spark, it only disables the fuel system and that is why you don't get injector pulse.

To fix this you will need to reconnect the immobilizer module, reinstall the ORIGINAL PCM (ECU) and you will need to use the programmed chipped key in order to start it...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok if im checking the scrap yard how do you tell if one does not have an immobilizer?

There will be a black key that starts the vehicle and there will be NO SKIM Module mounted near the ignition lock cylinder. The way to tell for SURE is to record any potential VIN numbers and post those VIN's here. I can check to see if they were originally equipped with Theft Security OR Immobilizer. Either will cause a no start if equipped.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master