Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It won't crack over. No power to starter. Changed battery an…

It won't crack...

It won't crack over. No power to starter. Changed battery an had starter checked out

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No ignition power to starter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2011 Dodge Durango

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. An I have changed the battery an had the starter checked out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is wrong with it

9/8/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 5 years ago
Kevin Bourcier

hello I can assist you with this , is it 2 or*****and what engine is in your vehicle ?

3.6
Dodge Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 5 years ago

okay thanks

I did
I checked the fuses they are good. What can be the problem?
Dodge Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 5 years ago

are you still in need of assistance ?

Dodge Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 5 years ago

did you check the fuses using a test light or a voltmeter ? Also in the main fuse/relay box can you locate the starter relay ?

checked them all. Is there something else that would be wrong with my Durango
Dodge Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 5 years ago

and you have confirmed that you have power down at the main battery cable connected to the starter ?

I checked cable connection
Dodge Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 5 years ago

did you put a voltmeter or testlight on it ?

I put a test light an voltmeter to itOk i'll do that
Dodge Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 5 years ago

the fuse J17 , 40 amp needs to be hot ( have power ) when you turn the key to " Start " Does it get power in the start position ?

if you take a jumper wire and jumper the relay terminals in the relay box , pins 30 and 87 the engine should crank over .