Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 1990 Dodge grand Caravan SE. The fuel rail has

Customer Question
I have a 1990 Dodge...
I have a 1990 Dodge grand Caravan SE.
The fuel rail has failed and leaks at the seal points.
I know that this was an issue for these 3.3 L engines.
I had heard that Dodge came out with a recall fixed for a minimal cost that was eight sealed it went over the seals…
I'm curious if those are still available and if they would work on this particular engine.
I've been searching for a whole rail and I've had little luck finding one.
I found two through salvage sites online and I'm concerned about whether they leak or not and the risk I'm taking buying them.
Before I spend the money I thought I would try your expertise.
Appreciate any insight and help you can lend me.
Jack
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 1 year ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Do you know that recall number or TSB?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any answers-solutions to my question Amedee?
I do not know the nmbers you asked me about.
Please let me know your thoughts, if you do or do not have a
Solution. Thanks! Jack

Hello Jack! If you do not know the TSB number or recall number I cannot look up the specific part or parts you are talking about. I looked in my references and do not see anything related to what you have mentioned about the seals. However, I am confident that if you were to get a fuel rail for this vehicle from a junk yard, I am sure it would be ok. If not, they would take it back and you can get a different one from them or from a different junk yard.

Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 1 year ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Jack I see your asking about a Recall that the previous expert has no clue about because he isn't a Dodge tech. The recall your referring to is Recall 895 which I attached for your reading. It was for 1996-2000 vehicles but it should work fine on yours if you wanted to purchase the recall package. The part number is ***** and you can "Google" the part number to purchase one online..

Let me know if this helps,

Brad

-Brad-
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech