Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2014 ram 1500 with 30,000 miles. It just started

Customer Question
Hello, I have a 2014...
Hello, I have a 2014 ram 1500 with 30,000 miles. It just started shuddering under hard acceleration.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: Its a 2014 with 30,000 miles
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is very well maintained. It just started. It is lifted with 35" tires. I just installed coilovers on it two days ago
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It only does it under heavy acceleration
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
9/6/2016
Dodge Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

did it do this prior to adding the tires??

did you check the u joints??

does it feel like the transmission???

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it didnt but Ive had the tires and lift for 6 months. Yesterday I put in pro comp coilovers in the front and took it to the alignment shop today to.have it aligned. It start on my way home from the alignment shop.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It feels like its coming from the front of the truck. Hard to tell for sure though.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its definitely not a motor issue. The motir is running great.

ok, thanks

could be the front driveshaft. the angle may be off enough for the vibration to happen

it could also be the trans. a torque converter will also cause shuttering on hard acceleration.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its not really a vibration. Its more along the line of a rapid bounce.

I would still suspect that front drive shaft

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Even in*****

sorry, thought you had*****/p>

did they align the front end to the original specs or did they take into account of the lift???

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a***** I meant its in 2 wheel mode. But, I was just under it. Should I be able to push on my tranny and move it? I can push up on it and move it at the crossmember mount approx. 1/4"

it may be a motor mount on the rear of the trans. there should be a little movement but not a lot.

I still think the front driveshaft angle may be causing this.

Roy

Jerry, Master Mechanic