Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Oil gauge is not working on 2010 3500 dodge cummings 6.7. i

Customer Question

oil gauge is not working on 2010 3500 dodge cummings 6.7 . i put manual gauge on it shows pressure and replaced sending unit with dodge part 145.00 elboe and sending unit . is there a fuse for dash gauge ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 11 months ago.

Hi there.

The dash gauge is part of the cluster and has no individual fuse.

The sending unit "trips" at 7 psi, then the instrument cluster - technical name Cab Compartment Node or CCN that is actually a computer made to look like the kind of thing we're used to - uses temperature and engine speed to make and display a calculated oil pressure.

Often times, disconnecting the truck main batteries will reset the CCN causing it to start working again. So, I would try that first (just make sure you have whatever codes you need for radio or any other accessory that require it). However, if the CCN still does not display a logical oil pressure value, then you might want to have it checked by a professional using a dealer-level scan tool.

I hope I've answered your question to your satisfaction. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards.