Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

No power and black smoke even after cleaning the egr valve

Customer Question

no power and black smoke even after cleaning the egr valve and cooler
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: will not go above 10 mils
JA: What is the model of your '10 Dodge?
Customer: 2007 3500 dually 6.7 cummins
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. cleaned the egr valve and cooler.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a mechanic look at it he said it was the EGR valve or the EGR cooler I cleaned both and it still spewing black smoke and has no power to get past 5-10 mph.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the make of the truck is dodge ram 2007 3500 diesel dually 6.7 cummins
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would still like some help

Any codes stored?

Any concerns with the fuel pressure?

Does a power balance test show any cylinders that are weaker than the others?

How did you clean the EGR valve and cooler?

With the EGR valve out but plugged in, does the valve make 2 full strokes when the key is turned on? If not then the valve is bad or stuck.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the EGR valve was cleaned with egr cleaner that you get from the dealerships. I dont have a power balance test. but the engine light is on so is the perform servers on the display.

What code numbers are stored?

Any concerns with the fuel pressure?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris