Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

My left front park turn signal does not work i have replaced

Customer Question
the park relay and fuse...
my left front park turn signal does not work i have replaced the park relay and fuse and bulb still no luck
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: i have 144000 miles and no starting problem
JA: What is the model of your '142000 Dodge?
Customer: grand caravan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have replaced bulb, fuse and relay park relay no luck
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: my car start and runs fine i have no other problems
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you can call me at(###) ###-####
8/10/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 1 year ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry I have been away from home my VIN is
2D46P24R45R166035

Please double check the VIN. It says invalid VIN

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have checked the VIN and it is 2D4CP24R45R166035

Thank you for the VIN! Both the left front park and turn signal does not work? Have you checked for power to the bulb(s)? Would you like a wiring diagram of this circuit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my left light is the only one that that does go on. I have tested the base where the bulb sits I get the same on on both bases the right goes on the left stays out I have replaced three bulbs hoping that somehow were the bulbs I was using still no luck I have a diagram from an Haynes repair manual for dodge caravan

Can I get the year, model and engine size of your vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my dodge is a grand caravan 2005, the engine size is 3.3 L

Does the white wire with brown stripe going to the left front bulb have power with the parking lights turned on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
power goes in in the white wire with brown stripes I checked this disconnecting the bulb holder from the harness and I tested power was present in my car it happen to be the middle one to the left is the black and to the right is the white orange I have a good ground I checked with the switch in park position and driving position neither gave any results
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tomorrow I will get a new socket and I will get back to you tanks for the suggestion

Your welcome! Please let me know how it goes!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bought a brand new socket from the dealer I replace the socket and no results the light does not go on no parking or turn signal light what else can I try?

I would verify power and ground going into the socket before trying anything else

Jerry, Master Mechanic