Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2015 Dodge 2500 6.7l Cummins Automatic 4x4 Have plenty of

Customer Question
DEF fluid but I will...
2015 Dodge 2500 6.7l Cummins Automatic 4x4 Have plenty of DEF fluid but I will be slowed down to 5mph in 10 miles. Dealer is 14 miles. Is there anyway to reset the countdown so that I will save tow charges? What could be causing this too have (could it be a sensor?)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
8/1/2016
Dodge Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

yes, it could be a sensor but there are many and the only way we can tell is by the code that is set and also by monitoring a re gen. the truck has an issue completing a re gen and thats why it will be de rating/

do you have any idea of the code???

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have taken it to Autozone no codes appear. The check engine light is on. But the ominous *** Miles to 5mph have dealer check DEF system appears on my center screen.

standard code readers will not work, you need the insite program to monitor the codes and readings.

you cannot clear the codes either without repairing the failure. there are about 6 different sensors that may be the issue. wire harness is also a possibility as well.

if you accept the premium service we can discuss the possibilities of the failure

Roy

are you there

there are things I would like to discuss but not on this forum

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What method of communication do you suggest?

phone is the only option on the premium side. the site charges you for this and the question, we make a small amount of what you get charged. we are sub contractors

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't see what good it was my goal was not to diagnose the problem but to be able to drive it to the dealer. From your description you will not be able to help me with that. I don't see what advantage a conversation will add.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't see what good it will do. My goal was not to diagnose the problem but to be able to drive it to the dealer tomorrow. From your description you will not be able to help me with that. I don't see what advantage a conversation will add.

ok, I will opt out and let someone else try to help you. I would be able to help but thats ok.

good luck

Jerry, Master Mechanic