Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

When turn ignition nothing happens right below speedometer

Customer Question
to the right is a...
When turn ignition nothing happens right below speedometer to the right is a red light
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: It is on the dash at bottom of the speedometer to the right just a little red light I don't know what it's for but that is the only thing that is on everything else nothing
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2011 Ram 1500 slt quad cab
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes hoping to I just got off work so right now have no tools
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When I came out to my truck when I clicked the unlock on the key bob nothing happened had to use the key to unlock
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
7/31/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

It sounds like you are having a problem with your security key. Most likely the key is not transmitting the signal to the security system that tells the computer that it is ok to let the truck start. First, do you have a spare key you could try?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is an extra key in the key bob I have pulled it out and tried it to start and nothing,my wife is on the way and she has another key bob with her
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you get last message
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could it just be a dead battery
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Her key bob doesn't do anything either
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I can't even get the key into ignition
Jerry, Master Mechanic