sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Third brake light does not work. 2014 dodge ram 1500

Customer Question

third brake light does not work. 2014 dodge ram 1500
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. However, I don't have much on that one but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could prevent the light from working including the brake switch, wiring, a blown fuse, or simply the bulb itself. The most likely cause by far for the light not working is a blown bulb. Have you replaced the bulb or used a test light to check for power and ground at the bulb when pressing the brake?