Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

My daughter has a 2008 Dodge Charger. Yesterday her son

Customer Question

My daughter has a 2008 Dodge Charger. Yesterday her son fiddled with keys in the ignition. the engine stopped. Towed to a shop. They said both alternator and battery. replaced both. next day same problem. Now they say fuse. Does it make sense both would go at same time. I'm thinking was diode all along. please help.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The diodes are built into the alternator and would have been replaced when the alternator was replaced.

A common problem on this is the WIN module. It can cause a no start. It is easy to replace, but will need to be programmed at the dealer. You will need to bring all keys you want programmed.

There could be debris in abs modulator valve. It may need to be replaced. I have seen these go bad from pushing the caliper pistons back in without cracking the bleeder, it can force debris back into the modulator valve.

If you do replace it flush the lines as much as possible. If the rear brake lines are rubber, they can collapse internally also could cause this problem. The cheapest thing to check would be the lines first.

Please reply to this if you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

ASE Master Technician

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks