Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 07 caravan that has the airbag light on but is

Customer Question

Hi pearl I have a 07 caravan that has the airbag light on but is showing no SRS fault codes when scanned. My code reader reads these codes and I actually pulled a connector from passenger seat to test that it would display a code - it did.
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: No passenger seatbelt connects without a problem
JA: What year is your Caravan?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses, disconnected and reconnected front sensors - after disconnecting ground. Checked wiring and connections on passenger seat. Tested all accessories on steering column, thought it may be clocks prong issue. No luck.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Clock spring
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my namne is Chris and I will do my best to assist you today. I have seen this before. It is a failed airbag control module. If you are 100% that there are no SRS codes, then the module has falsley turned on the light because of an internal failure. Replace the control module. That will get the light off.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer.

Let me know if you did or did not. I can send it again if necessary. The

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back again. I have not heard back from you and just wondered if my answer was helpful.

If so, please don't forget to take a minute and rate my service using the just answer star rating system. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris