Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Why is my dodge showing a code p2146

Customer Question

why is my dodge showing a code p2146
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 12 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by either a bad injector, or the ECM, have you isolated each injector and seen if the code comes back?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it shut down cylinders 1,2,3 so do you mean disconnect the other ones

NO, follow the steps below

1. Remove the two wires from each one of the affected cylinder's fuel injectors. In this case cylinders 1, 2, and 3. Do this one at a time. Isolate the wires so they do not ground out. Clear the code with the scan tool and start the engine back up. If the code resets, install the wires and take off the next two wires for the next cylinder. If the code does not return with one of the injectors disconnected, that injector is failing under load. Replace it.

2. If the code continues to reset after all injectors are isolated, replace the Electronic Control Module (ECM). Be aware that the ECM comes blank and will need to be programmed after replacement. The vehicle will not start without programming.