Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2007 dodge ram 1500 4.7. The air conditioner fan motor is

Customer Question

2007 dodge ram 1500 4.7. The air conditioner fan motor is blowing hard and air is just trickling out of vents. It works sometimes then just stops coming out of vents. I can still hear motor blowing behind dash.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

i need you to pull the blower motor out (3 screws) and look for the re-circulation door to have broken and dropped on top of the air inlet which is VERY common

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already did that and it is ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also changed knob for circulation and the door opened and shut normal.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

then you have a rodent nest OR some debris somewhere in the air path when you had the blower out did you look up the intake trac with a mirror?

did this happen SUDDENLY or after a repair?

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

if there is no air volume out the vents AND the blower motor has not been replaced that leaves 2 things, 1) debris packed in the air intake tarct OR 2) a broken mode door, broken doors were VERY common in that model truck and can block airflow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is all clean. It blows ok when i get in it at first then after driving a while nit just trickles out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are there solenoids in dash?
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

no the doors are controlled by electric motors, and the stops on the doors break causing the motors to overtravel and break the doors, the biggest problem with teh heating and a/c system in that model truck was broken doors, never had a controller go bad or a motor fail the stops on the doors were weak and broke there is an updated door stop that comes with any door you purchase from a dealer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried everything you suggested. Thanks and I checked all doors the are good.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

how did you check the doors? you need to pull the heater box to inspect the doors as there are a few buried inside the box