Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid w/Police package. Want to get

Customer Question
the windows operated with the...
I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid w/Police package. Want to get the windows operated with the rear in-door switches. The rear windows as well as the front now just operate from the driver window switches. I pulled the rear driver side door cover and see the switch is wired. I have the windows wiring diagram
Another way to ask the question is "Exactly how did the manufacturer disable the rear window switch control and how do I fix it. Please no general statements, direct me specifically to the fix.
Also, tell me what you know about getting the door latch lock and release operating on the rear doors.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
7/23/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 1 year ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The rear windows came disabled on the Police models. Some were disabled by programming and some were disconnected. I have attached the wiring diagram for you to follow, and you will need to check the feed in and out of the rear switch.. Do you have the same wiring diagram I have attached, and if so have you tested the switch?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the same diagram. I need to know specifically what wires to connect and/splices to make and where they are located. I am a retired technology person so I,m familiar with the tasks.I,m guessing it is not programing being 2002.

First of all do the master switch and rear door switch have all the pins and wiring as per the wiring diagram?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hold on. The rear door follows the diagram. I need to remove the driver's door panel tomorrow to see if it follows the diagram. Stay tuned.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked driver's master control switch. All the wires are attached per diagram.I ohmed out the yellow wire from the master switch to the left rear window switch and it was open .I checked the lock/unlock switch on the master and it ohms out just fine.I think the problem may something associated with the yellow lead. Wonder where the Power Window Switch Feed and S305 are?What say you?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, I noticed that there is no yellow wire going from the bundle under the carpet on the driver's side up the post and into the rest door.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did a test jumper wire with a pin in the driver's master lock off yellow wire and the rear door yellow wire and the rear window worked as advertised.You may have a better way of doing it. If so let me know.The second half of the problem is the door unlock button for the rear police package doors. I ordered right door connection rod on eBay to try and if successful will find one for the left door or fabricate one. For the Police package they took them out or never installed them. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Jerry, Master Mechanic