Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2007 dodge ram 3500 ac and heater worked. Turned off truck

Customer Question
and then later restarted. Air...
2007 dodge ram 3500 ac and heater worked. Turned off truck and then later restarted. Air blows but when you push ac or defrost buttons on dash nothing happens. No lights on dash panel, cigarette lighters work, you can turn the blower from off to high.compressor is full. No leams. Just will not turn on. Tipm checked all fuses, none blown. Suggestions
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Think may be power module on dash, dealer said was $210 replacement. Is there a way to check the on off buttons?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: All pins and connectors look good. And we're connected. Just quit and will not come back on
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
7/13/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

do you have a 5.9 dsl, 6.7 dsl or v8 5.7 gas ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
6.7ds

ok thank you be right back give me few minutes

Thanks

That control is expensive ,but you can buy cheaper off ebay , if you look for it .and it is a common issue, just make sure the connector to is good also not melted or evidence of burned spots ,

you can take it apart and look at circuit board for any bad spots, i guess i can try to repair it , if you know a computer guy that knows how repair the board .

but that is one way you can confirm .

i sent you the wiring diagram of the controller , pull it out of dash, back probe all 4 wires , DB/YL , DB/VT , DB/OR , DB/ BR going to the blower motor resistor

what are you reading if any

please let me know if that work for you , or you need further assistance

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat