Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Drove no problem, parked it. Next morning nothing. Cranks

Customer Question

Drove no problem, parked it. Next morning nothing. Cranks but won't start. No spark and no fuel. I have the no bus and gives me the 920,921 and 999 codes. I've swapped clusters, nothing. I've replaced crank, cam, Tps and output shaft sensors. The battery is a year old and reads good voltage. I replaced the the pcm with a brand new one today. I know the asd relay and fuel pump works because if I unplug the ecm plug(black plug on far right) the asd goes heywire and fuel pump will run non stop till I plug the end plug back in
JA: OK. What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just mentioned what I did in the first message
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Can you please read the first message
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Does the TPS have a 5 volt reference going to it with the key on? Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!