Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Ambient air sensor P0073 code cannot clear the check engine

Customer Question

ambient air sensor P0073 code cannot clear the check engine light even after putting in new sensor
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: stays on
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2004 dodge neon it does rumble a bit
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes to fix myself. Put in new sensor from dodge dealer
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not to my knowledge
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.

After repairing this DTC, the values will not refresh until either the ignition is left OFF for 5 consecutive hours or the vehicle has been driven at a speed greater than 20 MPH for more than 2 minutes. Have you done either? Does the DTC still come back? If so, does it come back when you first turn the ignition ON, or after driving the vehicle?