Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan: 140,000 miles that runs great

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan: 140,000 miles that runs great until I stop at a light and then it misfires. If I turn off the air-conditioned the misfires stops. The van runs great during acceleration and at cruise with the air conditioner on and only misfire at idle. At idle the misfire goes away when you turn the A/C blower off. At low blower setting it still misfires.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: The transmission is original but serviced regularly. Fuel system serviced in accordance with dodge maintenance program.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would rather have a dodge mechanic fix it. So far all I've done is complain to my wife.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's pretty much it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If the engine is misfiring then it will turn the check enging light on.. Can you post the code it has here?

Talk soon,

Brad