Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2004 Henessey Viper. No crank. New battery, reset security

Customer Question

2004 Henessey Viper. No crank. New battery, reset security with key. has power to starter Can hear relay clicking. but nada.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we've run through several possibilities without success. So yes.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, no problem. I will be happy to help. You say there is power to the starter? If no, how much?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have 12 volts and the small spade connection with the start button depressed. I should mention we had the starter to a rebuilder who went through it.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

And the big wire has FULL battery voltage on it as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It should, the wire looks good, only 9000 miles on the vehicle but I can check and follow up
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

That needs to be done to ensure the starter is getting the correct inputs. The only other thing would be if the engine is locked up or the engine block has a bad/no ground.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I'll check but the cars out of the way now. I'll follow up tomorrow. Thanks
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome!

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
btw, there is no fuel pump activation either, we're thinking an electrical issue. we did track down and repair a shorted wire to the pcm related to a shut down mode. We have Alldata and On Demand and have run through hours of diagnostics. I was just hoping you'd had a similar issue at one time or another.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I sure have. Lots of times. However, based on what your telling me, there is no shortage of power to the starter. So there is no electrical issue. Unless what you are telling me is incorrect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unless the start button itself is bad, there's something telling the car not to start. The owner last drove it a just few miles and parked it for the winter. The battery was dead, the owner replaced it with an optima, still no crank and now we have it. It's a Hennessey 1000 twin turbo. we found a lot of horseshit workmanship on the mod but nothing to cause this condition.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

This is very possible. However, if this were the case, it would not have power to the starter. You said there is power to the starter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did when last checked, yeah it's confusing. I'll try to get more info on what's been checked and recheck it. But the car's not in a bay now. I'll follow up tomorrow, thanks
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good! Your welcome!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You can always rate my answer now and reply back at a later time at no further cost to you.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I would appreciate a positive rating tonight.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a bad wire between the AEM module and the PCM, All is well.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

EXCELLENT! Glad to hear it is up and running! Thanks for letting me know!