Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

06 300 WITH 5.7 HAD SET P0520 AND FOUND OIL PRESSURE SENSOR

Customer Question

06 300 WITH 5.7 HAD SET P0520 AND FOUND OIL PRESSURE SENSOR BAD. REPLACED SENSOR AND NOW GETTING P0522 INSTANTLY. I HAVE CHECKED THE CIRCUITS AND NO SHORT TO GROUND ON 5 VOLT POWER SUPPLY OR THE SIGNAL CIRCUIT. I SHOW 45 PSI IN CURRENT DATA, BUT KEEP GETTING THIS CODE AFTER CLEARING AND RESTARTING ENGINE.
JA: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?
Customer: ORIGINAL OIL PUMP AND YES CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS ONE TRIP CODE.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2006 CHR 300 WITH 5.7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES AND HAVE REPLACED THE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR AND CHANGED OIL WITH CORRECT OIL
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I AM ALSO A TECHNICIAN FOR KIA AND THINK THIS MAY NEED THE COMPUTER, BUT JUST WANT TO GET MORE ADVICE.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Did you use a OEM factory sensor or a aftermarket sensor from NAPA? If you plug in your old oil pressure sensor does only P0520 set?

Talk soon,

Brad