Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

05 dodge ram won't start replaced camshaft sensor and

Customer Question
crankshaft sensor and fuel pump...
05 dodge ram won't start replaced camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensor and fuel pump still won't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes and new battery
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2005 dodge ram 1500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes new fuel pump,camshaft sensor,crankshaft sensor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Dats all I kno
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
7/1/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 1 year ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

What codes does it have and have you checked for spark and fuel psi?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Haven't tried for codes

The first thing to do before replacing any parts to to diagnose the issue.. You will need a scantool to retrieve the codes from the PCM to get an idea on what's going on.. Then post the codes here once you get them, also try starting fluid and see if it starts if so then you have a fuel problem, if not then it's likely you don't have spark..

Did it stall or just wouldn't start one day?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jus won't start

Do you see a red light on in the dash? If yes then that's your security and you either have a bad key or bad module.. If not then you will need a code reader to retrieve the codes and post them here so I can help you get it fixed..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does the key suppose to have a chip in it

Some do and some don't.. If you have a key with remote or a gray headed key then yes it has a chip.. If you see a red light on then it's your security system shutting it down..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Imma go get scan tool and come back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do I check to see if it firing

You will need a IN-line spark checker but let's see what codes it has first.. It could be a bad sensor causing it not to start.. Post the P codes here when you get them. You could try cycling the key 3 times to the On position and sometimes it will show the codes in the cluster.. Off/On, Off/On, Off/On and leave On..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sprayed starter fluid still nothing

Then you likely have no spark.. What codes does it have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Get back with you

Ok let me know what you find..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could not find a scanner anything else I can do

If it didn't start with starting fluid you likely don't have spark and the reasons you wouldn't have spark is A: the PCM is not seeing a signal from the crankshaft signal, B: Security, C: wiring or bad PCM. All which are electrical and would be easily diagnosed if you had a scantool.. Without one you can't do much in your case, now if it had spark and fuel psi we could check a few things but if it doesn't have spark it's an electrical issue that will require a scantool.. Local parts stores will rent one with a small deposit..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If it's the alarm can i do something about that

If it's a security issue you will need a scantool to see what codes it has as it could be a bad key or module.. Also if either are bad they will need to be prorgammed with a scantool before it will start the vehicle..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Code 0463

The code P0463 is fuel level sensor high which will have nothing to do with your no start.. What is your VIN number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1d7ha18n95s248657
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there

Sorry for the delay, just got home from work..

That VIN comes back on a Mineral Gray 2005 Ram with a 4.7 engine.. You also do not have SKIM so you don't have a programmed key.. Is the P0463 the only code you have? And the engine just wouldn't start one day, has anything been repaired on it recently? Does the engine sound like it has compression when cranking?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No repairs just quit would not crank back up yes it has compression code 0700

The P0700 is just a information code telling you that you have transmission codes that will require a scantool to retrieve the codes from the TCM.. If you have a test light can you disconnect a coil and tell me if one wire has a constant 12v when cranking, and then clip the test light to the positive battery and tell me if the other wire pulses the light when cranking.. I want to verify it doesn't have spark..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No spark
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not firing
-Brad-
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech