Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I am I wash the engine,left the engine running so it would

Customer Question
Hi,I am michael I wash...
Hi,I am michael I wash the engine,left the engine running so it would dry and a few minutes after the engine turn off I have light in the interior dash panel the alarm beeper activates,bUT the car does noturn over or crank
JA: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?
Customer: No code does not spark
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: Dogde caliber x 2009
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Remove ignition fuse to reset alarm
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
6/27/2016
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Okay, try this attachment first, BUT, if it does NOT work, you will need to have a scan tool attached to the computer system to clear the security system that you activated.

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor