Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I replace ipc IPR ficm on 2003 f250 6.O L put new oil cooler

Customer Question

I replace ipc IPR ficm on 2003 f250 6.O L put new oil cooler in still no start getting oil to oil reservoir could it be the pcm
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Are there trouble codes stored?

Will it complete an injector buzz test with a scan tool?

What is the ICP pressure while cranking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the Icp this its a Ford F-250 2003 6.0 and yes it completes the injector buzz test. How can I check the pressure on the Icp. Changed both fuel filters. Motor craft. Put new oil filters in. If I spray with ether it starts for a second. The fuel bowl is full. I don't have a scan tool to check with how can I check Icp pressure. Is there a sensor to kick in Icp. The truck had 133,000 miles and has been a royal pain for the last 6 months.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oil is new and fills up in filter like it's supposed to.

Use the same scan tool you used to perform the injector buzz test to check the ICP pressure under PCM inputs. You mentioned no scan tool, how was the injector buzz test done?

Back probing the ICP sensor wires while cranking. Tall me the voltage that you get on each wire color while cranking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Each injector pings when you turn key on. A guy 200 miles from here where I broke down did a buzz test. I don't have tools to do anything else

Since you do not have a scan tool or volt meter, diagnosing this engine and concern is going to be near impossible. Often diagnosing with correct tools is not easy. Attempting to diagnose and fix it without the appropriate tools will make this repair expensive meaning alot of repairs will be made which are not needed.

Based on the tests you have had done, and the parts you have replaced. I believe this is going to be a high pressure oil system leak inside the engine where as the high pressure pump oil is not getting to the injectors from an O-ring failure of fitting failure at the rear of the engine.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Most people don't have the tools you're talking about. That's why I wrote you. Is there any way of checking the Hpop without the tools?

You can buy a digital volt meter at Auto Zone for 29$. That is the only way to check the ICP pressure without a diagnostic tool. We have to confirm the ICP pressure is in fact low prior to performing air tests on the high pressure oil system to find the leak.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I have a voltmeter. What do I need to do?

Back probing the ICP sensor wires while cranking. Tell me the voltage that you get on each wire color while cranking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it need to be bare wire or can I put the clip on the wire. The icp is in the back under the turbo.

You will have to push your meter probe in beside the wires so you can touch the bare wires and pins.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked wires. 1 has a constant 4.75v. I could not get any reading on the other 2

You should of gotten 1.0 volts or more on the dark blue/light green wire while cranking. Since you got nothing this means you have no high pressure oil pressure. Which means you need to start at test 10E in this file. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/10E.pdf

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris