Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2008 Dodge Avenger fan switch does not work on gh. Trying to

Customer Question
2008 Dodge Avenger fan switch...
2008 Dodge Avenger fan switch does not work on high.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to find out if this is a common problem and if there is a simple fix.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The AC works ok but the fan will not blow on high.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Fan blows on medium and low with AC on.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
6/23/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** would point toward the controller in the dash or wiring problem. Unplug controller in dash and ground the dark blue/yellow wire. Then with wire grounded at controller check to see if dark blue/yellow wire at blower motor has ground. If no ground at blower motor this shows wiring between controller and blower motor is damaged. If it does have ground then you need to replace controller in dash. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician