cwalkerjr21
cwalkerjr21, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

I have a 2006 1 ton dodge & i was wondering if it had a

Customer Question

i have a 2006 1 ton dodge & i was wondering if it had a cabin filter in air unit? it doesn't get as cold as it used to.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: it has over a100,000 miles .
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2006 1 ton ram.
JA: What year is your Ram?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: its blowing good but not as cold, is there a filter i should change?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  cwalkerjr21 replied 1 year ago.

This vehicle is not equipped with a cabin air filter. It is possible the system is just a little low on pressure. You can connect a can with gauge to the low side port and you should have a reading between 30-40 anything outside of that range is incorrect. Now I have seen an issue with the system freezing up causing low cooling. Check to see if the evaporator is freezing up causing low air flow. The evaporator temperature sensor will cause the compressor to cut out when it gets close to freezing, check the scanner and see what the temperature is. Check the voltage on the evaporator temperature sensor. It should be 0.5-2.0 volts under normal operation.