Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2005 Dodge stratus SRX with 104k . The Dome light

Customer Question
,Radio,and computer connection want work. JA...
I have a 2005 Dodge stratus SRX with 104k . The Dome light ,Radio,and computer connection want work.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: yes the fuses the little one not the large ones or relays. and nor the bulbs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I ck the fuses in and out side. with a test light. Now i need help.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the trunk release stopped at the same time. My wife got a jump and then I noticed the issues when she returned home.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
6/16/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 1 year ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you out. This has to be a blown IOD or M1 fuse. Doublecheck the fuses using a 12 volt test light. The fuses have these little test points on top of them. Ground the clip of the test light and probe the 2 test points on each fuse. If you find a fuse where one of the test points powers the light but the other test point does not, then that tuse is blown. Recheck this and then get back to me.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
K

Pay attention to fuse # ***** in the inside fuse box,

Chris

Hello, were you able to check that fuse today?Chris
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked the fuses I have a high tech 6/12/24 volt tester. I found 4 with only one side reading and several with continuity .I did not get dome light to come or Radio. I checked fuses under the hood and driver side panel .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please advise what to do next

Tell me which 4 fuses had only one side reading voltage. Those items under the plenum are capaciters and are only used to reduce radio interference. Those are not related to your problem. I will look for your reply in the morning.

Chris

Replace those 4 fuses that had only one side reading and then get back to me if that fixes it.

Chris

Hello, just checking back with you to see how it is going with the vehicle? Were you able to replace the fuses?

Chris

Hello? ??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not gotten back tomorrow I will be off half day and Co and replace fuses. I noticed a bulk plastic fuse holder that does not come all the way out you can see a red fuse mini .So tomorrow I get back on task.
Ok thanks for the update. I will look for your reply tomorrow.
Chris

Hello, how did it go yesterday?

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I changed all the 20 Fuses that were only reading continuity. The one Fuse with the plastic holder had a 10 Amp and that completed the circuit and it corrected .part one .Thanks that part is completely done. Just the ck engine light with a open circuit /miss fire on 2 two I went and looked at the firing order and if I am correct the bank near the front on the car the plug reading left to right us the first plug for the 2.7
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Battery Low changing phone now .

Cylinder # ***** will be on the front bank closest to the passenger side of the vehicle.

Glad I was able to help you with the dome light and when you get a minute would you help me by rating my service using the just answer star rating system> I can and will continue to help you even after you rate.

Thank you.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I rate the professional expert advice and customer care working with me 10 out of 10.,A skilled member in his craft.I wanted help a got remarkable satisfaction to Complete the repair.Thanks should be rest outstanding .

Thank you. Just be sure to click on one of the "STARS" in the rating section so I can get credit.

Thanks!

Chris

Thank you. Just be sure to click on one of the "STARS" in the rating section so I can get credit. Thanks! Chris
I appreciate the kind words, but in order for me to get paid, I ask you to click on one of the positive rating stars. I see you have rated other experts in the past, and it still works the same.Thanks!Chris
Hello again, I was hoping you would rate my service using the just answer star rating system. If you cannot, then plese tell me why so I can offer better service in the future.ThanksChris
Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman