sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Broken hood release, how do I open hood

Customer Question

broken hood release, how do I open hood
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can gladly help you out with this.

There should be a cable connected to the hood release handle. Use a vice grips to clamp on the cable end and pull.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lever in cab and cable are connected. problem is under the hood
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need to know how to release catch under the hood
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You might be able to reach it if you jack up the front and reach up and unbolt the latch. Or try to release it with a small screwdriver.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Dan again, hoping you are satisfied with my service.
Could you please rate the answer, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
apparently the mechanic does not know that an electric fan is blocking access from beneath. I doubt whether he knows this vehicle. I also stated the release was broken.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?