Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2004 Durango Limited 5.7 Hemi switched itself into 4WD even

Customer Question

2004 Durango Limited 5.7 Hemi switched itself into 4WD even though control knob is in AWD position and will not return to AWD making it difficult to make turns and park the vehicle. Never had the vehicleoperating in anything other than AWD
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Would like to if possible.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: it has 185,000 miles on it and all maintenance has been done as manufacturer specifies in owners manual
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I have seen this before and it is usually the transfer case actuator motor assembly that has failed. have that unit replaced. I am 99% sure that this will fix it. If you want to replace it yourself, let me know and I will send you the procedure.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer 5 days ago. Let me know if you did or did not. Let me know and I will send it again if you wish.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see how it is going with the Durango. Chris