-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Anti theft is activated and car will not crank : it is

Customer Question

anti theft is activated and car will not crank
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: it is because I replaced the keys and lock cly with none chiped key and started the car and now the theft is on
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the car 03 neon 5 speed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: 2.0
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: yes
JA: What else should I tell the Dodge Mechanic?
Customer: I need to know how to turn off the anti theft
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If you replaced the key cylinder with non security keys then you will need to get a key cylinder fro your local Dodge dealership so you can use your gray headed SKIM key. There is no way to bypass the security to get it started, you will need to use the gray headed key to start it... The dealership can code the key cylinder so you can use your original key so it will start with no issues..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad