Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

It idles realy rough u cut the key off an turn it back on an

Customer Question
it runs like its post...
it idles realy rough u cut the key off an turn it back on an it runs like its post to
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: it dont matter weather its in park or not it does the same thang an yes it does have a locking steering wheel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i would like to yes its very agervating an its been that way for several years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: no thats it thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/13/2016
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

In a case like this, it's best to check the computer system for codes and data the pertain to your problem. Getting fuel trims and MODE 6 data would also be very helpful.

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor